Guidance for UN Healthcare Workers
The latest information from WHO can be found at Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
- Within UN healthcare facilities, enhance standard infection prevention and control practices in clinics and hospitals, especially in emergency departments.
- Read the following guidance from the United Nations Medical Directors
- Provide all UN personnel travelling into outbreak areas with preventative information so as to reduce their general risk of acquiring an acute respiratory infection.
- Be familiar with the WHO's definition of Suspect, Probable, and Confirmed Cases
- Read the following technical guidance from the World Health Organization and DHMOSH
- Use of Face Masks by UN Personnel
- Laboratory testing for COVID-19 in suspected human cases
- Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection when COVID-19 infection is suspected
- Home care for patients with suspected COVID-19 infection presenting with mild symptoms and management of contacts
- Infection prevention and control during health care when COVID-19 infection is suspected
- If you encounter any UN personnel with a relevant travel history to locations with COVID-19, and with signs and symptoms indicative of acute respiratory infections, please contact the DHMOSH public health team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.
- Read the
- You may download and print the poster below and display around your duty station.
- For UN Staff who need to speak to a counsellor due to stress or other psychosocial needs, please ask them to reach out to their local counsellor.
For UN staff members working:
- at UN Headquarters, contact the NY Staff Counsellors Office at SCOHQ@un.org or call +1-212-963-7044.
Outside HQ, contact CISMU, preferably at email@example.com
You may also, based on your region, contact CISMU/DSS Stress Counsellors for the appropriate referral:
Africa West: Djeneba Coulibaly: +1 212 963 3682 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Europe and Americas: Anne-Marie Serrano: +1 212 9631369 email: email@example.com
Africa East: Muhammad Sohail Ali:1 917 367 8557 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Asia-Pacific: Madhubhashini Hewage: +1 212 963 6432, email: email@example.com
MENA: Abdalla Mansour Amer: +1 917 367 6097, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff/Stress Counsellors in the field should refer to this .
- Standard Powerpoint Presentation from DHMOSH for COVID-19 Introduction and Training.
- Know the requirements for reporting a confirmed COVID-19 case
- COVID-19 bed capacity calculator (Excel document for download)
The purpose of the tool is to help missions and duty stations predict their bed capacity and medical staff requirements, using their population size and a peak infection rate of 1/1000 individuals every two weeks.
To use the tool, one needs only to introduce the population size to calculate the numbers of cases expected, as well as the beds and staff needed.
- COVID-19 Communications Resources »